Accounting Clerk (Adel, Iowa)
Stine Seed Company, a privately held growing national seed company, is seeking a full time accounting clerk at its facility near Adel, Iowa. This is an excellent opportunity to be a part of one of the industry’s most respected corn and soybean seed companies. This full-time hourly position is available immediately. This role will serve a critical function assisting the payroll, billing and accounting departments.
- Handle the processing of paper related to on-boarding and off-boarding independent sales representatives
- Reconcile various payroll related benefit and tax payments to system generated reports
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing with other team members
- Data entry for payroll, accounts receivable, and independent sale representatives’ payments including such items as posting charges and discounts to accounts, posting and issuing credit refunds, and entering bills of lading (shipments, returns, and deposits)
Other administrative tasks assigned may include:
- Assisting in the payroll, payables, and general accounting departments
- Assisting with front office type tasks
- Build a system of administering and distributing reports
- Correspond with employees via email and phone for approvals of timesheets
- Administer instruction/training to employees regarding the use of payroll-related systems including entry of timesheets, online access of pay statements, etc.
- Data entry into spreadsheets and the payroll system
- Conduct clerical duties such as filing, scanning, faxing, photocopying, etc.
- Arrange data into spreadsheets and the payroll system
- Basic analytical skills and ability to use data analysis tools in Excel
- Must be self-directed and able to work in high-pressure, deadline driven situations with flexibility to meet changing priorities / hard deadlines.
- Analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving capabilities.
- Effective interpersonal written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail, organization, and time management and prioritization skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as with and through others to achieved desired results.
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems effectively
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
To apply immediately, send a current resume and cover letter to:
Stine Seed Company
ATTN: Human Resources Department
22555 Laredo Trail
Adel, IA 50003
Or email to email@example.com. Attached resumes formatted in either Microsoft Word or Adobe Acrobat are acceptable.
Visit AgCareers.com for additional openings or to apply online.