Corn Nursery Seasonal Worker (Adel, Iowa)
Stine Seed Company is looking for individuals to perform seasonal field work at its Adel, Iowa facility. Applicants MUST be at least 14 years of age by July 1, 2021.
- Workers will pollinate corn plants by hand to help develop new corn inbred lines.
- Workers will put bags on corn tassels and shoots to control where the pollen goes from each corn plant.
- Workers may hoe out weeds or take leaf samples for our labs to perform additional testing.
- Each worker is assigned to crew and lead by a supervisors that ensures safe working conditions at all times.
- Availability to begin work around July 4th; work to last for a period of 4 to 6 weeks.
- MUST be flexible to work 7 days a week, with mostly being 6 to 8 hours long (6:00AM to 3:00PM).
- There will be times when the workday is extended, or shortened, for various reasons (weather, field conditions etc.).
- Ability to work outside for extended periods.
- Suggested that each worker brings a hat, poncho, sunscreen, a water bottle and packed lunch
- Workers are responsible for arranging their own transportation to/from work.
Stine offers competitive pay, with bonus incentives for attendance and work experience.
Submit an application online at apply.stineseed.com.