Paralegal (Adel, Iowa)
Stine Seed Company is one of the world’s largest privately held seed companies. We pride ourselves in our ability to roll up our sleeves and find ways get things done with a “can-do" attitude. We are looking for a paralegal to add to our team. The ideal candidate for this role is someone who wants to be a team player, that is willing to work in the legal department, but also is interested and willing to work with multiple teams across our company in a variety of non-legal roles. A passion for agriculture, attention to detail, business acumen, and the ability to communicate with clarity and precision are all important to this role.
- Working with company management and attorney to draft and negotiate confidentiality agreements, material transfer agreements and miscellaneous other types of documents
- Assist in managing compliance with contracts and other legal obligations
- Assist in managing outside counsel
- Assist in organizing and managing patent and trademark related filings and help manage the intellectual property portfolio
- Review and support in the development of customer facing documents and assist with corporate records
- Work with various internal teams to help develop business rules and processes
- Administrative duties as assigned or required to support legal department activities
- Conduct legal research and special projects as assigned by company management and attorney
- Educational background in paralegal studies, communication, journalism, or an agriculture related field
- Self-starter and a team player
- A proven track record of working with a wide variety cross functional team
- Attention to detail
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects
To apply, email resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Attached resumes formatted in either Microsoft Word or Adobe Acrobat are acceptable.