Production Office Assistant (Story City, Iowa)
Stine Seed Company, a privately held growing national seed company, is seeking a talented individual for the position of Production Office Assistant at its Story City, Iowa location. This is an excellent opportunity to grow with one of the industry’s most respected corn and soybean seed companies. This full-time position is available immediately.
In this role, you will perform a variety of tasks associated with seed preparation and warehousing that will evolve with each season throughout the year. Qualified candidates should be hard-working and self-directed.
Stine offers competitive pay, health insurance and retirement benefits. Pre-employment screening, including drug testing, may be required.
- Harvest communication and data entry
- Bin data – updates for conditioning and bin status
- Grower notification of bin status
- Record dump info from bag and bin
- Prepare and send dump seed report info for bag and bin seed
- Collect grower bin samples & track
- Grower and customer order entry in salespad, posting orders, Generating bills of lading and paperwork, staged load verification
- Update variety info in excel and GP
- Manage excel files and formulas
- Manage committed order file, after shipment - update committed orders / inventory / & stine InfoHub
- Process shipping requests
- Entry of new bagging into production tracker
- Work with Stine ISR’s
- Process bin & conditioned samples
- Prepare work order as directed by conditioning schedule. Print tags, etc.
- Manage supply inventory i.e., pallets, empty bags
- Enter inventory in Dynamics
- Answer phones, greet trucker/visitors
- Various other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Strong team member with an ability to work independently
- Willing and able to work in a variety of areas (plant, warehouse)
- Willing and able to stand and sit for extended periods
- Willingness and ability to work overtime hours including weekend work required during seasonal peaks.
- Candidates who are bilingual in Spanish/English are highly sought
- Cross-trained to share responsibilities as needed between coworkers
- Proficient in MS office
- Ag background a plus
Stine Seed Company
ATTN: Human Resources Department
225 W 1st St
Story City, IA 50248
Or email to email@example.com. Attached resumes formatted in either Microsoft Word or Adobe Acrobat are acceptable.
Visit AgCareers.com for additional openings or to apply online.