Research Equipment Technician (Adel, IA; Sheridan, IN; Forest City, AR)
Stine Seed Company, a privately held growing national seed company, is seeking talented individuals for the position of Research Equipment Technician. Stine currently has openings at its facilities in Adel, IA; Sheridan, IN; and Forest City, AR. This is an excellent opportunity to grow with one of the industry’s most respected corn and soybean seed companies. Full-time positions are available immediately.
In this role, you will perform a variety of tasks associated with equipment maintenance and new equipment systems development. Qualified candidates should be hard-working and self-directed. Some overnight travel is required, with opportunities for travel outside of the US. Preference will be given to candidates with previous ag experience.
Desired skills include:
- Strong mechanical skills
- Basic understanding of electrical circuits
- Welding and fabrication
- A background in ag equipment repair is preferred, but not required
- All candidates with mechanical abilities will be considered
- Stine will provide on the job training
Stine offers competitive pay, health, vision, dental insurance and retirement benefits. Pre-employment screening, including drug testing, may be required.
- Communicate effectively with other team members, both verbally and in writing
- Repair various planting, spraying and harvesting equipment, including associated electronics
- Assist in the assembly and design of new planting and harvesting equipment
- Ability to maintain and operate basic farm equipment, including planters, sprayers and plot combines
- Keep accurate records
- Various other duties as assigned by supervisor
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Must have own basic tools
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter with systematic decision making, problem solving and troubleshooting skills and the ability to work independently
- Basic computer skills; working knowledge of Microsoft programs including (Excel, Word, etc.) a benefit
- Willing and able to stand and sit for extended periods
- Willing and able to work both outdoors and indoors
- Willing and able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Willingness and ability to work overtime hours, including weekend work required during seasonal peaks. This includes overnight trips to off-site locations and additional travel as necessary at off-season locations
- Ability to work in an organized and safe manner
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and coordinate activities
- Knowledge of safety and environmental regulations
- Preference to candidates who are bilingual in Spanish/English
Stine Seed Company
ATTN: Doug Smith
22555 Laredo Trail
Adel, IA 50003
(515)-677-2605, x. 4073
Or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Attached resumes formatted in either Microsoft Word or Adobe Acrobat are acceptable.