Soybean Nursery Research Associate (Dallas Center, IA)
Stine Seed Company, a privately held growing national seed company, is seeking talented individuals for the position of Soybean Nursery Research Associate. Stine currently has openings at its facility in Dallas Center, IA. This is an excellent opportunity to grow with one of the industry’s most respected corn and soybean seed companies. Positions available immediately.
In this role, you will perform a variety of tasks associated with seed preparation and field activities that will evolve with each season throughout the year. Qualified candidates should be hard-working and self-directed. Preference will be given to candidates with previous research experience.
Stine offers competitive pay, health insurance and retirement benefits. Pre-employment screening, including drug testing, may be required.
- Coordinate nursery activities, including preparation, sampling, cross pollinating, sorting, cleaning, packaging, and labeling of seed for crossing blocks and plot work
- Ability to maintain and operate basic farm equipment, including planters, sprayers and plot combines
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing with other team members
- Various other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Associate degree required, Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and Access
- Self-starter with systematic decision making, problem solving and troubleshooting skills and the ability to work independently
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Willing and able to work both outdoors and indoors
- Willing and able to lift up to 50 lbs. and complete work that involves repetitive motion and/or repetitive lifting
- Willingness and ability to work overtime hours, including weekend work required during seasonal peaks. This includes overnight trips to off-site locations and additional travel as necessary at off-season locations
- Ability to work in an organized and safe manner
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and coordinate activities
- Pesticide applicator certification preferred
- Knowledge of safety and environmental regulations
- Preference to candidates who are bilingual in Spanish/English
To apply immediately, send a current resume and cover letter to:
Stine Seed Company
ATTN: Human Resources Department
22555 Laredo Trail
Adel, IA 50003
Or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Attached resumes formatted in either Microsoft Word or Adobe Acrobat are acceptable.