In January, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) relabeling of Enlist One® and Enlist Duo® herbicides for the 2022 growing season was good news for most soybean growers. At that time, there were a small number of counties where the herbicides could not be relabeled until additional endangered species risk assessment data could be obtained.
On Tuesday, however, Corteva Agriscience announced that 128 of those counties initially restricted now have full access to the Enlist herbicides.
The EPA issued updated supplemental labels for the herbicides that remove geographic restrictions for two listed species, the American burying beetle and the eastern massasauga rattlesnake.
Notably, the Enlist herbicides were granted a seven-year amended registration and are the first products to complete the EPA's new Endangered Species Act protection risk assessment process.
Updated supplemental labels
The updated supplemental labels remove geographic restrictions for Enlist One and Enlist Duo herbicides in 128 counties where the American burying beetle is found, and six counties where Enlist Duo was restricted due to the eastern massasauga rattlesnake.
Counties that have now been reinstated include:
- Arkansas: Crawford, Franklin, Johnson, Little River, Logan, Montgomery, Polk, Scott, Sebastian, Sevier and Yell.
- Kansas: Chautauqua, Cherokee, Cowley, Elk, Greenwood, Labette, Montgomery, Neosho, Wilson and Woodson.
- Minnesota: Clay, Marshall, Polk, Redwood, Renville and Stearns.
- Missouri: Barton, Bates, Cedar, St. Clair and Vernon.
- Nebraska: Antelope, Blaine, Boone, Boyd, Brown, Cherry, Custer, Dawson, Frontier, Furnas, Garfield, Gosper, Greeley, Hayes, Holt, Hooker, Howard, Keya Paha, Knox, Lincoln, Logan, Loup, McPherson, Merrick, Nance, Phelps, Red Willow, Rock, Sherman, Thomas, Valley and Wheeler.
- Ohio: Athens, Butler, Fairfield, Guernsey, Hamilton, Hocking, Morgan, Muskingum, Noble, Perry, Vinton and Washington.
- Oklahoma: Adair, Atoka, Bryan, Carter, Cherokee, Choctaw, Cleveland, Coal, Craig, Creek, Delaware, Garvin, Haskell, Hughes, Johnston, Kay, Latimer, Le Flore, Lincoln, Love, Marshall, Mayes, McClain, McCurtain, McIntosh, Murray, Muskogee, Noble, Nowata, Okfuskee, Okmulgee, Osage, Ottawa, Pawnee, Payne, Pittsburg, Pontotoc, Pottawatomie, Pushmataha, Rogers, Seminole, Sequoyah, Tulsa, Wagoner and Washington.
- South Dakota: Bennett, Charles Mix, Gregory, Lyman, Mellette, Todd and Tripp.
- Texas: Bowie, Cooke, Fannin, Grayson, Lamar and Red River.
Updated usage area maps and supplemental labels will be available on Enlist.com/SupplementalLabels. Additional information can be found on EPA’s website at https://www.epa.gov/pesticides/epa-expands-use-enlist-products-134-additional-counties-2022-growing-season.