Plant Operator (Story City, IA)
Stine Seed Company, the nation’s largest independent seed company, is seeking a talented individual for the position of Plant Operator at its Story City, Iowa location. This is an excellent opportunity to grow with one of the industry’s most respected corn and soybean seed companies.
As a Stine team member, you will perform a variety of tasks associated with seed preparation and warehousing that will evolve with each season. You should be hard-working and self-directed.
Stine offers competitive pay based on qualifications, education, and experience. Available benefits to prepare for your future include health/dental/vision insurance and retirement packages.
- Work in conjunction with the tower operations coordinator in receiving and conditioning of seed. The position will take direction from the tower operations coordinator and the general manager.
- Operate the seed conditioning equipment per shift assignment as directed by the tower operations coordinator and the general manager.
- Assist in collection of soybean samples at the receiving pit and conditioning equipment for both lab analysis and periodic quality checks during the conditioning processes.
- Deliver tower samples on a daily basis to the production office.
- Assist with seed count calculations with the tower operations coordiantor to establish the 140M unit size.
- Assist the tower operations coordinator and packaging foreman on work and information flow in tower operations.
- Assist with completing paperwork on the tower forms.
- Repair and maintenance with limited millwright duties as assigned; and being designated as a 'Lock Out/Tag Out' official when repairs or maintenance is done on facility equipment.
- Any related duties that may arise during the course of daily operations as specified.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Strong team member with an ability to work independently
- Willing and able to work in a variety of areas (plant, warehouse)
- Willing and able to stand and sit for extended periods
- Willingness and ability to work overtime hours including weekend work required during seasonal peaks.
- Candidates who are bilingual in Spanish/English are highly sought
- Cross-trained to share responsibilities as needed between coworkers
- Ag background a plus
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
Stine Seed Company
ATTN: Human Resources Department
225 West First Street
Story City, IA 50248