Soybean Research Associate (Multiple locations)
Stine Seed Company, the nation’s largest independent seed company, is seeking talented individuals for the position of Soybean Research Associate at its facility near Adel, Iowa. This is an excellent opportunity to grow with one of the industry’s most respected corn and soybean seed companies.
As a Stine team member, you will perform a variety of tasks associated with developing new improved soybean varieties. Including seed preparation and field activities that will evolve with each season. You should be hard-working and self-directed. Some overnight travel is possible.
Stine offers competitive pay based on qualifications, education, and experience. Available benefits to prepare for your future include health/dental/vision insurance and retirement packages
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing with other team members
- Preparation, sorting, cleaning, automated packaging, scanning, labeling, planting, and harvesting of seed for plots and nurseries
- Willing/able to learn, operate and maintain basic farm equipment; including plot planters, sprayers, plot combines and small threshers
- Willing to coordinate plot locations, measure and set flags
- Ability to observe and collect plant data notes
- Willing to learn hand pollination and harvesting in nursery
- Willing and able to work routine weekends during peak seasons, including travel to other states.
- Warehousing activities may include forklift operation
- Various other duties as assigned
- You are a self-starter with systematic decision making, problem solving and troubleshooting skills and the ability to work independently
- An interest in agronomic research
- You have a High School diploma/GED, Associate of Applied Science, Associate of Science, B.S., or Bachelor’s degree in agronomy
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
- You have a valid driver's license; may be required to obtain a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
- Willing and able to work in a variety of areas, field, warehouse, office
- Willing and able to stand and sit for extended periods
- Willing and able to work both outdoors and indoors
- Willing and able to perform physical work that involves repetitive motion and/or repetitive lifting including lifting to 50 pounds
- Willing and able to work overtime hours, including weekends and holidays during seasonal peaks. This includes overnight trips to off-site locations and additional travel as necessary to other locations
- Ability/knowledge to work in an organized and safe manner adhering to safety and environmental standards
- Able to perform multiple tasks and coordinate activities
- Willing to apply for your pesticide applicator certification at time of employment
- You have computer skills, working knowledge of MS programs including (Excel, Word, Outlook) a benefit.
- Willing to work with research software
Stine Seed Company
ATTN: Human Resources Department
22555 Laredo Trail
Adel, IA 50003
Or email to email@example.com. Attached resumes formatted in either Microsoft Word or Adobe Acrobat are acceptable.
Visit AgCareers.com for additional openings or to apply online.