Soybean Research Associate (Multiple locations)
Stine Seed Company, a privately held growing national seed company, is seeking talented individuals for the position of Soybean Research Associate. Stine currently has openings at its facilities in Breckenridge, MN; Forrest City, AR; and Sheridan, IN. This is an excellent opportunity to grow with one of the industry’s most respected corn and soybean seed companies. Full-time positions are available immediately.
In this role, you will perform a variety of tasks associated with seed preparation and field activities that will evolve with each season throughout the year. Qualified candidates should be hard-working and self-directed. Some overnight travel is required. Preference will be given to candidates with previous farm experience.
Stine offers competitive pay, health insurance and retirement benefits. Pre-employment screening, including drug testing, may be required.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing with other team members
- Preparation, sorting, cleaning, packaging, and labeling of seed for plot work
- Ability to maintain and operate basic farm equipment, including planters, sprayers and plot combines
- Warehousing activities including forklift operation
- Various other duties as assigned by supervisor
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter with systematic decision making, problem solving and troubleshooting skills and the ability to work independently
- Must possess a valid driver's license; may be required to obtain a Commercial Drivers License (CDL) in the future. DOT physical required at time of employment
- Willing and able to work in a variety of areas (field, plant, warehouse)
- Willing and able to stand and sit for extended periods
- Willing and able to work both outdoors and indoors
- Willing and able to lift up to 50 lbs. and complete work that involves repetitive motion and/or repetitive lifting
- Willingness and ability to work overtime hours, including weekend work required during seasonal peaks. This includes overnight trips to off-site locations and additional travel as necessary at off-season locations
- Ability to work in an organized and safe manner
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and coordinate activities
- Pesticide applicator certification at time of employment
- Basic computer skills; working knowledge of Microsoft programs including (Excel, Word, etc.) a benefit
- Knowledge of safety and environmental regulations
- Preference to candidates who are bilingual in Spanish/English
To apply immediately, send a current resume and cover letter to:
Stine Seed Company
ATTN: Human Resources Department
22555 Laredo Trail
Adel, IA 50003
Or email to email@example.com. Attached resumes formatted in either Microsoft Word or Adobe Acrobat are acceptable.
Visit AgCareers.com for additional openings or to apply online.